Monday, August 8, 2011

Promises

Promises. Many are made, many are broken. As parents, we often promise our children many things. When we make those promises, we intend to see it through. There are times when circumstances will not allow us to follow through and then we carry the burden of guilt because we feel that we have failed in some way. I tend to find myself in this situation A LOT! I often wonder if my children will lose faith in me. I find myself at a point to where I am learning not to use the word "promise" and now use the phrase "I will try/ do my best to.....". Should things really have to be this way? I honestly don't have an answer for that. As I am dealing with this issue, I can't do anything but thank God for His promises and that He has and will follow through. I am constantly reminded of Hebrews 13:5, that God will never leave me and never will He forsake  me (I chose to make it personal). My hope is that I don't burden my children with failed promises and that when they hear the word "promise" that they don't cringe or become faithless. I will do my best to show them as though there are times that I may fail, there is One who will never fail and that He will follow through on all of His promises.

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment