Tuesday, December 14, 2010

That Peace Within

Have you ever seen someone that you think should be hurting, crying, in pain, or depressed and they are sitting in front of you with a smile on their face? Or have you been that person smiling when others question, "how can you smile in times like this?" I know all to well about both! Through this journey of life I have gone through some STUFF, faced difficult times, made difficult decisions, dealt with sin and I am not done. I am still going through the journey and will continue to come upon some thing and moments that will anger me, make me cry, get me all confused and want to say "Lord, I AM DONE with this." But as I have been on this path, God has shown me that He is right there. Sometimes I asked myself, "Kish, how'd did you do it?" Then I quickly remembered that it wasn't me, it was God that brought me through it. That's when I began to understand PEACE (Psalms 29:11 The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace) . As I grow closer in the Lord, my mindset is changing. I no longer look at rough times in my life as the impossible, but as a mechanism or tool for God to use me. Yes, there are times when I throw all of that out the window but then there are people who remind you of that PEACE that you have. I was at the 20Something Monday night small group session and I was reminded of that PEACE. A young lady, which happens to be my cousin, gave her testimony of her situation. When you hear of people fighting illnesses you quickly assume that they should be down and out, depressed, and throwing a pity party. But this young lady is always full of smiles and laughter, she loves like no other, she's out and about enjoying life, and she's continuing to do the work of GOD. As I sat and watched her enjoy the lesson of the evening and fellowship with others, I thought "WOW, that is PEACE" (I am sitting here getting emotional just thinking about it.) To have that type of peace brings about joy. Not just the 'happy happy, joy joy' that some would think of, but pure joy. Just to know what God is doing in others, should make you want to fight that much harder through your own trials and to want to spread His love even more so that everyone you come across can experience the love, joy, and peace that God has to offer.
With all of this being said, my question to you is "do you have that peace" or "do you want that peace?" Seek Him first and soon shall come soon.

1 comment:

  1. This post was beautiful. The word of God says, "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7) God can give us the kind of peace, that cannot be understood by our finite minds. That's why someone would ask, how can you have peace, when you go through such trials and tribulations? It is because the peace of God is abiding in you! Again, a great read. May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete