Thursday, January 13, 2011

His Journey

The journey of life is not easy, you have your ups and downs, things seem to get in your way, decisions to make regarding your future gets  harder has you get older, etc. But the Christian journey is much more complicated. On this journey, you must realize how insignificant you are. First, you must understand that God has hand picked you to travel on this journey and secondly you need to get to a point in your life when you realize that it's not your journey but it's the Lord's.
As I have been studying the Word, listening to sermons and bible study, I have been reminded of God's grace. I have come to understand that it is really not about me. I mean, yes we say that but when you get to a point when you finally realize it, it makes a huge difference in your walk through His journey. I have ran into some stumbling blocks, been through some storms, and came to some forks in the road that has slowed me down at some points but I kept going. As I keep going I am growing to understand God's love for me, His love for us. As I am understanding this more, this journey is becoming more enjoyable. I can smile because I have peace and I can keep going because I know that He's with me.
As you walk through this Christian journey, enjoy it. Remember, you were personally invited by God to travel on His journey. Be eternally grateful that you had the chance and opportunity to accept the invitation.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lakisha,

    As we travel along this Christian journey, we most definitely can enjoy it! The Word says, "For in His presence, is fullness of joy. At His right hand, are pleasures for evermore." When you are walking with the Lord, especially at a young age, people will try to tell you that you are missing out on so much fun! The truth of the matter is, it is those individuals who are missing out on the joy that comes from knowing and having a true relationship with God! He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother! He will never leave you, nor forsake you! So, you continue your walk with the Lord and enjoy it! Even better days are coming! God bless you!

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete